Seriously so excited about my birthday.
I can’t help it. I’ve always been so in love with my birthday. It probably stems from my Mom knowing how to do up birthdays right. And here in Atlanta the weather is usually that exciting “it’s about to be spring” kind of weather. I’ve had my fair share of rainy birthdays and chilly birthdays, but I’ve also had more than my fair share of *perfect* weather birthdays. We’ll see how this afternoon pans out! Today is the last day of winter.
Yesterday I realized I had a fighting chance at reaching my 500th tweet on Twitter and thought reaching that goal would be a great way to close out the age of 31. At the end of the day I was about a dozen posts short so I figured it was time for Christy Fun Facts. My Twitter is hooked up to my Facebook so I had the delight of getting responses to these fun facts on both sites. This was especially fun on Facebook since some of my friends there go way back to 8th grade! I know a lot of people are frustrated by the new FB layout, but I’m just really thankful to be able to interact with people that I know from every phase of my life. I know some very nice, very cool peeps.
So I thought I’d share the fun facts here just for a little birthday fun.
* I was born in Dallas, TX…what? I know! It seems like I would have been born in the A-T-L, right?!
* I met my now husband at the Brick Store Pub in Decatur … we got married a few yards from the pub in the gazebo on Decatur’s square.
* My mom, my sister and myself all attended the same college … Agnes Scott College in Decatur, GA http://www.agnesscott.edu
* I played cello from 6th-9th grade. But, alas, switched to art.
* My senior year of high school BFFs were Jim & Kyle. We drank lots of coffee, ate Taco Bell and explored RR tracks.
* My brother-in-law introduced me to Americanos…I thought they were an odd concept (watered down espresso??) til I tried it.
* When I was in 2nd or 3rd grade I declared that I wanted to be a writer when I grew up … I was such a focused 8 yr old!
* When I was a kid there was a magical doll museum on Peachtree St. next to the Cathedral of St. Philip in Buckhead (Atl) … magical.
* Lost in Translation is one of my most fave movies. Also Annie Hall, Amelie, The Royal Tenenbaums and High Fidelity.
* Have I ever told you how much I love olives?
* I have high hopes for 32…31 was kinda difficult. But I feel like I turned a corner in a lot of ways and 32 has potential to be amazing!!!!
* 500th tweet!! whoohoo! Tomorrow I’ll be 32. Thankful for many things…Top of the List=Davis…true love…xoxoxo
I also discovered today that I have the same birthday as Ornette Coleman, whose music I probably never would have heard had I not had the pleasure of a great music education from Davis during the past nine years.
Looking forward to the coming year…and also lunch! And dinner! I’m going to Thrive in downtown Atlanta and headed to Leon’s in downtown Decatur tonight for dinner.
So here’s to 32!!!
Happy birthday a day early! You share a birthday with my sister, who will be 34 tomorrow.
Hope you have a super special celebration to kick off the ol’ # 32!
Heather - DollarStoreCrafts.com said:
Happy birthday! I didn’t know we were the same age, but that’s awesome!! 🙂 Birthdays are fun! What are you doing to celebrate?
The bday fun facts are fun!!
Why was 31 hard?
Happy birthday, Christy!! What a great list.
When I was in 2nd or 3rd grade I declared that I wanted to be a writer when I grew up … I was such a focused 8 yr old!
You’re well on your way to this one!
a bardis said:
renee, is her birthday the 19th or 20th? my b-day is actually today…it’s funny i have about 6 or 7 friends with birthdays this week! a great time to be born 🙂
heather, oh i didn’t know we’re the same age either! i’m going to a new restaurant that i’ve been wanting to try. it’s owned by the guys who own another fave restaurant of mine (where i met my hubby!) so i have high expectations!
steph, the tornado, boss leaving, having no boss for awhile, new boss, waiting for him to get over learning-curve of being new…but honestly it got better and better as the months went on and ended on a high note. 31 just had a very rocky start!!!
thanks becky!!! 🙂 …. can’t wait for BSG-Fest tomorrow!!
Happy Birthday Christy!
As a registered dietitian licensed by the state of Georgia, I herby prescribe the following birthday diet:
a bardis said:
kip, you’re too funny!!! 🙂
I’m a Southern “classmate” in the decor8 class! You have some beautiful items – I especially have a hankering for your notebooks!
a bardis said:
thanks Jamie! I’m so excited about the class … love the idea of learning from a master 🙂